Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
One of the challenges local and state governments face in implanting mitigation strategies is finding a way to pay for them. It is one thing to identify the risk of potential structural failures, but quite another to actually mitigate that risk.
In this assignment, you adopt the perspective of the emergency manager in your community (choose a relatively small community, not a large metropolitan city such as Atlanta, Georgia. Research emergency mitigation strategies that have been or might be deployed in Atlanta, Georgia. Then think about the funding sources related to emergency mitigation strategies for Atlanta, Georgia. Finally, consider challenges related to funding for emergency mitigation strategies.
Instructions for paper:
• Briefly describe the community in which you live.
• Identify and describe emergency mitigation strategies have been or might be deployed in the selected community.
• Describe two potential funding sources related to emergency mitigation strategies for the selected locale. (Atlanta, Georgia)
• For each potential funding source, describe (1) the key participants and stakeholders and (2) the goals and objectives of the mitigation strategies as they relate to finance and budgeting.
• Explain why the selected funding sources are the most appropriate for the mitigation efforts identified.
• Identify and explain at least two key challenges to accessing funding for emergency mitigation strategies at least two challenges to accessing funding for emergency mitigation strategies in the locale. Provide at least one strategy to address each challenge.
References to be used:
Haddow, G. D., Bullock, J. A., & Coppola, D. P. (2021). Introduction to emergency management (7th ed.). Elsevier.
• Chapter 3, “The Disciplines of Emergency Management: Mitigation”
Lindsay, B. R., & Murray, J., (2010, January 26). Disaster relief funding and emergency supplemental appropriations: R40708. Congressional Research Service: Report, 1–28.
FEMA. (2010, August 5). What is mitigation? [Video file] Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=057ZkeoFyc4
Homeland Security Foundation of America (HSF). (2008, May 30). FEMA—Hazard mitigation planning [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjWvn9oEBg
Comments from Customer
Please also use any resources that you can find related to Atlanta, Georgia.